Members Activity in 2010
Following is a list of recent publications by KAFA members. Only those provided to the KAFA office by the authors and the paper published or accepted in year 2010 are listed here.
- Bae, Sung C., Mingsheng Li, Jing Shi, 2010, “Heterogeneous Investor's Reaction to Exchange Rate Movement: New Evidence from a Unique Emerging Market.” Emerging Market Finance and Trade, forthcoming.
- Hwang Byoung-Hyoun,“Country-Specific Sentiment and Security Prices”, 2010, Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.
- Jin Q Jeon and James A. Ligon, 2010, “The Role of Co-managers in Reducing Expected Flotation Costs.” Journal of Banking and Finance, forthcoming.
- Jin Q Jeon, Cheolwoo Lee, and Clay Moffett, 2010, “Effects of Foreign Ownership on Payout Policy: Evidence from Korea.” Journal of Financial Markets, forthcoming.
- Jin Q Jeon and Clay Moffett, 2010, “Herding by Foreign Investors and Emerging Market Equity Returns: Evidence from Korea.” International Review of Economics and Finance, forthcoming.
- Hoje Jo, Maretno A. Harjoto “Corporate Governance and CSR Nexus,” 2010, Journal of Business Ethics, forthcoming.
- Hoje Jo, Sanjiv Das and Yongtae Kim, “Polishing Diamonds in the Rough: The Sources of Syndicated Venture Performance,” 2010, Journal of Financial Intermediation, forthcoming.
- Hoje Jo, Brian Chiongbian, Eric Fremd, Kamal Kholiya, and Rajesh Seth, all 2010 MBA students at SCU, “Is Chinese Yuan Undervalued? A Multi-Currency Basket Approach,” 2010,Journal of International Business and Economics, forthcoming.
- Jun-Koo Kang, Kee-Hong Bae and Jin Wang, 2010, “Employee Treatment and Firm Leverage: A Test of the Stakeholder Theory of Capital Structure," Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.
- Pornsit Jiraporn, Jang-Chul Kim, Young Sang Kim, 2010, “Dividend Payouts and Corporate Governance Quality: An Empirical Investigation,” Financial Review, forthcoming.
- Narasimhan Jegadeesh and Woojin Kim, “Do analysts herd? An analysis of recommendations and market reactions,” Review of Financial Studies (2010) 23(2): 901-937.
- J. Barry Lin, Christos Pantzalis, and Jung Chul Park, 2010, “Corporate Hedging Policy and Equity Mispricing,” Financial Review, forthcoming.
- Anthony J. Jurkus, Jung Chul Park, and Lorraine S. Woodard, 2010, “Women in Top Management and Agency Costs,” Journal of Business Research, forthcoming.
- Murad Antia, Christos Pantzalis, and Jung Chul Park, 2010, “CEO Decision Horizon and Firm Performance: An Empirical Investigation,” Journal of Corporate Finance, Volume 16, Issue 3, 288-301.
- Jeungbo Shim, “Mergers & Acquisitions, Diversification and Performance in the U.S. Property-Liability Insurance Industry,” Journal of Financial Services Research, 2010, forthcoming.
- Jeungbo Shim, “Capital-based Regulation, Portfolio Risk and Capital Determination: Empirical Evidence from the U.S. Property-Liability Insurers,” Journal of Banking and Finance 34, 2010, 2450-2461.
- Dr. Sung C. Bae has been appointed as Chair of the Department of Finance, College of Business Administration, Bowling Green State University, starting Fall 2010.
- Dr. Jungsuk Han has just started working as an assistant professor of Finance at Stockholm School of Economics from July 2010 and new email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr. Jin Q Jeon is currently working as an assistant professor at the Dongguk university and the new email address is email@example.com.
- Dr. Jaehoon Kim is teaching as an assistant professor of finance at Claflin University and new email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Jongsub Lee is currently at University of Florida as an assistant professor of finance and new contact email address is email@example.com
- Dr. Unyong (Howard) Pyo has been elected as Chair in Department of Finance, Operations, and Information Systems (FOIS) at Brock University.
- Professor Hoje Jo is promoted to Full Professor at Santa Clara University.
- Professor Eun "John" Kang is promoted to Full Professor at California State University San Marcos.
- Professor Dong-Kyoon Kim is promoted to Associate professor and tenured at Montclair State University.
- Professor Jaemin Kim is promoted to Associate professor and tenured at San Diego State University and currently is at the Korea Capital Market Institute as a research fellow.
- Professor Young Sang Kim is promoted to Associate professor and tenured at Northern Kentucky University.
Submit Your Good News
Due to the limited information, not all the activities are listed. Please send your good news (e.g., new publications, promotion, new job, etc.) to KAFA (firstname.lastname@example.org).