[UNIST] Assistant Professor of Finance
The School of Business Administration at UNIST (Ulsan National Institute of Science Technology) invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Finance.
We are seeking highly qualified candidates who have an active research agenda, and a commitment to effective teaching and service to the university. Candidates for the position must hold a Ph.D. degree in finance or closely related field, or expect to complete a Ph.D. before August 2020. We prefer a candidate whose specialty lies in corporate finance / entrepreneurial finance / energy finance /project finance. The School of Business offers Bachelor, Master and Ph.D. degrees. All the lectures for undergraduate and graduate programs at UNIST are taught in English. Position responsibilities include teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in finance, conducting research in the field of expertise, overseeing student research.
UNIST is a research-oriented university in Korea, aiming to become one of world-leading universities in research and higher education. As a research school, we subscribe to many finance/accounting databases including CRSP, Compustat, Datastream, Mergent FISD, DealScan, SDC Platinum, S&P Capital IQ as well as NYSE Daily TAQ. Major statistical software packages such as SAS, Matlab, and STATA are also available via site licenses. UNIST also requires competitive teaching load of three courses per academic year (9 credit hours).
UNIST attracts top ranked, high quality students in Korea as well as international students. The university is located in Ulsan Metropolitan City where Korea’s leading auto, petro-chemical and shipbuilding industries are clustered and have a highest GDP per capita than any other regions in Korea.
UNIST is offering competitive compensation package. Faculty members at UNIST receive the highest level of starting salaries among the national universities in Korea. Faculty are receiving generous start-up research grants and comprehensive benefits including on-campus modern housing, medical insurance, pension plan, and moving expenses.
Applications must be submitted electronically at http://invite.unist.ac.kr. Applicant should provide a resume or CV, portfolio of research papers, and letters of recommendation. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU), Business School, Seoul, Korea
- The SKKU Business School invites applications for tenure-track positions in the finance area at assistant or associate professor level. The start date is September 2020 or March 2021.
- Required – The requirements for these positions are: (a) Ph.D. degree in finance or related field; (b) Teaching experience in any finance area; and (c) Research track records or research potential.
- The School expects and supports excellence in both teaching and research. MS and Ph.D. programs at the School are financially supported by BK 21+ project of Korean government. The School subscribes to most of financial databases through WRDS. Most of the classes at undergraduate and graduate levels are taught in English. The expected teaching load is 9 credit hours for the first academic year and 12 hours per year thereafter.
- The application package should include (a) a cover letter that indicates your interest in the position, (b) curriculum vitae including contact information of at least three references, (c) a job market paper and (4) a summary of teaching evaluation. Applications must be submitted to email@example.com by email. Additional information will be required for all finalists.
- Department Contact:
Professor Andy (Y. Han) KIM
- Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled. However, to be considered for the interview at the AFA meeting, the application package must be received by December 24, 2019. Our representatives at AFA in San Diego will be Dr. Young Kyu Park (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Roy Song (email@example.com).
- The Finance area of the Korea University Business School (KUBS) (http://biz.korea.ac.kr) is seeking qualified applicants for tenure-track faculty positions at Assistant or Associate Professor level. The position is initially for a three-year term with the possibility of an extension for further years and tenure. Note that the position is contingent on budget approval. The appointment can start as early as Sep 1, 2020.
- JOB QUALIFICATION: An earned Ph.D. in Finance or a related field is required. ABDs can be considered, provided that the degree will be earned by the appointment date. A strong commitment to excellence in research is expected.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: The teaching responsibility of a tenure-track professor is six credit hours (usually two courses) each semester.
- COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and world-class research support will be provided.
- ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Korea University is located in Seoul, the capital of Korea. KUBS is the largest business school in Korea with more than 80 full-time faculty members. KUBS has approximately 2,300 undergraduate students, 620 students in MBA, 110 students in MS program, and 120 Ph.D. students in various majors such as Accounting, Finance, International Business, Marketing, Management, MIS, and Logistics Services and Operation Management. KUBS is the first school in Korea to be accredited by both AACSB and EQUIS, and is the only academic member of the CEMS global alliance in Korea. KUBS has been ranked 79th worldwide in the “Business and Economics” field of the “THE World University Rankings 2019 by subject” released by UK’s Times Higher Education (THE). In QS World University Ranking by Subject released in February, 2019, KUBS ranked 45th in the “Accounting and Finance” field. The Executive MBA program is ranked 38th in the world by Financial Times Executive MBA ranking 2018.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE: We accept applications by November 30, 2019 but encourage early application. Shortlisted candidates attending the AFA will be interviewed during the conference. Other candidates in the short list will be invited directly to our campus. Interested individuals are encouraged to send e-mail with their latest curriculum vitae to: Prof. Woochan Kim, Finance Area Chair, Korea University Business School, Anam-dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, Korea 02841, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.